2015 Troyer TA1View Details
2015 Troyer TA1
1936 Plymouth Coupe
1950s Modified Sportsman with a Chrysler engine, in-line 6, 265 Cubic Inch.
Driven by Gordy Wood:
- 1957 Rookie of the Year at Weedsport Speedway
- 1958 Most Improved at Weedsport Speedway
- 1958 Most Popular Driver at Weedsport Speedway
- 1960 Record 1-Lap Fast Time – 26 seconds at Waterloo Speedway
- 1960 Record 9-Lap Fast Time – 3.362 minutes at Lancaster Speedway
- 1960 Record 25-Lap Fast Time – 11.045 minutes at Lancaster Speedway
The 1936 Plymouth Coupe is loaned to the IMRRC courtesy of the DIRT Museum and Hall of Fame in Weedsport, N.Y.
2015 Troyer TA1
Chevy 358 Cubic Inch Small Block, 600 horsepower, 15-inch wide rims, Hoosier Tires, 2,6000 pounds.
Driven by 18-year-old Zack Knowlden. His family-owned race team is Filthy North Racing Motorsports.
FNR Motorsports was founded in 2011 when at age 9, Zack Knowlden began his racing career in Open Wheel Microds. A successful few seasons in Microds – including winning the NYSMA State Championship, led to Four Cylinder Mini Stocks, and in 2016 a move to the Sportsman division. In 2017, Zack finished his second season in Sportsman, he was 3rd in track points, 111th in National points, and 3rd in New York State points. In 2018, the team made the jump to competing in the Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series, which runs at tracks in New York, Pennsylvania, and Ontario. While it was a learning year in this type of car, Zack more than held his own and the team is looking forward to a competitive 2019 season on the ROC tour.