The IMRRC’s Partners
The International Motor Racing Research Center is the hub for those seeking information from the history of motorsports, all series and all venues worldwide. The Center’s own extensive collections can serve as the starting point, from which paths can lead to other sources.
The Center staff works closely with other archives, museums and historians around the world.
Here are links to some of the resources the Center uses and recommends:
The Revs Institute for Automotive Research, Naples, Fla., is the premier destination to study and explore one of the largest archives of automotive history ever preserved for scholars and connoisseurs alike. Its collection of the finest vintage automobiles and ever-expanding library of rare books, photographs, documents and ephemera uniquely catalogues the evolution of automobile design and the industry’s influence on modern culture.
The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, Philadelphia, is one of the world’s greatest collections of racing sports cars. It celebrates the history and evolution of these magnificent machines. Assembled over 50 years by Dr. Frederick Simeone, the museum contains over 65 historically significant cars including Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Mercedes, Jaguar, Bentley, Porsche, Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford and more.
The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum, Knoxville, Iowa, focuses on sprint car drivers, owners, mechanics, builders, manufacturers, promoters, sanctioning officials and media members.
Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, is dedicated to the history of open wheel racing, The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, York Springs, Pa., has a research library consisting of books, periodicals and photographs.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum, located on the grounds of the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, is recognized as one of the most highly visible museums in the world devoted to automobiles and auto racing.
Free Library of Philadelphia Automobile Reference Collection, founded in 1948 as the Thomas McKean Collection portion of the Free Library of Philadelphia, is a source for general history, featuring books, periodicals and photographs.
The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, in Hampshire, England, boasts one of the finest collections of cars, motorcycles and motoring memorabilia in the world. Its Motoring Reference Library, Photograph Library and Film Library include periodical titles, photographs and films.
Registry of Corvette Race Cars, the world’s largest collection of Corvette race car histories, C1 through C7 models, photo galleries and drivers.
Racing Sports Cars, is all about sports car racing history and present, with a primary focus to create a photo archive containing all major national and international sports car races. Some Formula One and other series are also included.
- Watkins Glen International, the famed race track is one of the Center’s foremost partners.
- Sports Car Club of America, the Center now manages the SCCA’s national archives.
- Sportscar Vintage Racing Association, another valuable Center partner.
- Road Racing Drivers Club, founded in 1952, the Road Racing Drivers Club is composed of leaders of the sport and serves to recognize, promote and mentor American road racing drivers. The Center houses the RRDC archives.
- Green Grand Prix, the annual Green Grand Prix in Watkins Glen invites the public, with a focus on students, to celebrate the fun of the automobile, while being mindful of environmental concerns.
- Angelo Lisuzzo is a professional photographer and a friend of the Center who shoots at many of our events. Photo galleries of our events are posted on his website.
- New York Heritage Digital Collections, a project of the Empire State Library Network. This is a portal for anyone interested in learning more about the people, places and institutions of New York State.
- Society of Automotive Historians, an international community of academic scholars, automotive journalists and publishers, museum and library professionals, educational and cultural organizations, car collectors and restorers, and enthusiasts. The SAH encourages research into any aspect of automotive history, actively supporting the compilation and preservation of papers, organizational records, print ephemera and images to safeguard, broaden and deepen the understanding of motorized, wheeled land transportation through the modern age and into the future.
- Southern Tier Library System, a regional consortium of public libraries, working in partnership to support and strengthen through clearly defined, cost-effective services and the coordination and sharing of resources.
- South Central Regional Library Council, a non-profit, multi-type library consortium working to strengthen library services, programs and resources by promoting learning, collaboration and innovation.
- Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce, serving the visitor and business communities of Watkins Glen and Schuyler County.
- Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance, promoting travel and serving visitors to the Finger Lakes Region of New York.
- The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes, the cultural advocate for the southern Finger Lakes region, working to enhance quality of life in its communities through the direct and indirect support of the arts.